November 22, 2011

Big Boy Undies

Of course saying this might cause him to have a total relapse and force me to take it back, but I'm going to go ahead and say that Beckett is potty trained!  Yes, the occasional accident still occurs...usually after naps (which are rare occurrences in the first place for him) when he's a little cranky and stubborn.  However, he is doing a lot better at letting me know as soon as he feels he has to go.  Also, he's had two days in a row of successfully going #2 on the potty!  I still put him in diapers for church, and also at night because he likes milk before bed.  But the nights he hasn't had milk, he's woken up with a dry diaper.  I can't even tell you how thrilled I am that I will only be changing one set of diapers once this baby comes.  I didn't know if Beckett would make the transition (or if I'd have the energy to follow through with it) before then.  And best of all, GG found a much coveted peter potty for extremely cheap on craigslist!  To refresh your memories, that is the toddler-sized urinal I saw at BabiesRus when pregnant with Beckett, but held off buying because I figured it would be a few years before he'd need it, but it is now no longer made or sold.  He loves using it!  Hooray for big boy undies!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Congrats! That is a great occurance before baby #2 arrives!

Francesca said...

Yay! Good for you! I'm sure many are jealous of you only going to have one in diapers.